Tripped and fell into Salvation army yesterday morning during a coffee run.. Picked up a curtain panel I will probably end up sewing some pillows with, some sunglasses and a wreath. God, I'm getting boring. I don't care!! I'm damn excited about this wreath!
I came home to a batch of Cinnamon buns from my neighbor after being good and resisting the Pumpkin Spice muffin from Timmie's (SO GOOD). Fair karma, I am so freakin' spoiled.
I wanted to go the extra mile with personalizing the wreath I picked up and add a message something like "Sup" or "No Thanks". When I pitched this to the hubby he didn't seem so impressed so we [I] ditched that idea and went with the family name (boring).
All the materials I used, down to the burlap and the Sharpie were from the Dollar Store. Also seen in my Dollar Store haul post!
Also in my dollar store haul post were these little pumpkin/pinecone bunches and the glass vases. They look even better together! I also talked about making this EAT sign I have with it. These letters have moved around to all three of our homes and instead of retiring them we revamped them!
It is sooo satisfying to me to move things around in my home and give them new identities.
This little desk has been my makeup vanity for a long time and was one of the first things I painted. Our main level needed a desk and after finding a beautifly oversized dresser for the bedroom this baby can finally move downstairs. I can't wait to give it a new makeover, I have my eye on some Indian knobs at the black market!
I love this basket top trend that has been happening and I refuse to let it die with summer. I have this weird thing with Circles where I feel they are necessary to balance a room and basket tops bring that with so much texture! It made my day to find one right under my nose. My dear friend gave me a set of three baskets for my first apartment when we were youngins and I still have them and use them, so much that is that the biggest one of three had seen its day - but the top was still good! So good that it's now hanging on my wall and I can't even tell you how much that makes my day!!
The one to the left that it's accompanied with is from clearance at Winners.
And for dinner last night, our meal was much inspired by this beautiful weather, Summertime-Fall. I don't always share meals on here but this this salad dressing recipe is one that I use and alternate a lot in this house so maybe you will find it useful too!
This is the kind of stuff that doesn't really require a recipe - all of the measurements I've listed are just estimates, enjoy!
You Need: Salmon, Mixed Greens, Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Mape Syrup, Dijon Mustard, Garlic, Summer Savory, Thyme, Walnuts, Apples, Crasins, Chives, White Wine, Goat Cheese, Salt and Pepper.
For the Salmon:
In a bowl mix 1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons White Wine
2 Teaspoons Chopped Garlic
Spices (To taste)
Chopped Chives
Dried Summer Savory
Dried Thyme
Salt and Pepper
Mix, Pour over Salmon and bake @ 375 for 35 min.
For the Salad Dressing:
1/4 Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
Minced Garlic
Dried Summer Savory
Salt and Pepper
Shake and Pour over Mixed Greens, Chopped Chives, Walnuts, Crasins and Apples - Top with goat cheese (Took the picture before the goat cheese and now I'm kicking myself lol).
Thanks for Reading! I just got back from the Halifax Makers market and had the most amazing time, can't wait to ramble about it once the pictures are ready to share.

No comments:
Post a Comment